Commercial Property Surveys
Helping our clients make informed decisions
Lewis Chartered Surveyors are highly experienced in conducting commercial property surveys, also known as an RICS-Technical Due Diligence report. Regulated by the RICS, we provide robust, comprehensive and reliable surveys to help our clients make informed decisions.
Our different commercial property clients
We regularly conduct commercial property surveys for owner-occupiers, investors, landlords and tenants.
Investors and Landlords
For owner-occupiers we bring clarity of the property’s structure and current condition. This can help them to determine what repairs will be needed, when and what the likely cost implications of this will be. It can aid their decision-making when it comes to purchasing a property, or budgeting for ongoing repairs or refurbishment.
What to expect from us
Our detailed and robust surveys cover a broad range of practical considerations such as:
- The state of the property if the intention is to continue using in its existing form.
- The state of the property if the client has advised that they intend to develop it.
- What structural issues are evident and how the building is likely to perform, from an energy efficiency perspective.
- The expected durability and lifespan of the materials in the fabric of the structure and need refurbishment over time.
- Whether there are likely to be any major implications when insuring the property.
- The need for specialist assessments by other professionals of plant and equipment longevity and efficiency, such as air conditioning and heating.
- Health and Safety risks such as presence of asbestos on the premises etc. Also if there is any visible evidence of contamination from previous uses.
- Implications of Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) – for example, properties currently with a rating of F or G cannot be leased out.
- General compliance with The Equality Act and accessibility guidelines, and any obvious shortcomings or improvements that may be needed.
A broad knowledge of different commercial properties
Over the years, we have amassed considerable experience in surveying a wide variety of business premises. These include retail, office, warehousing and manufacturing plants as well as Listed Buildings. We also support clients looking to incorporate properties as part of their pension arrangements. Our reports are comprehensive, robust, and tailored to each property and our clients’ plans or intentions.
Clients value our reports for their detail, relevance and clarity of the property’s strengths and weaknesses.
Peace of mind
Find out more
For more information about how we can help with your commercial property assessment, please do get in touch.