Specialist Residential Property Advice
We have a wealth of expertise when it comes to residential property and can support you if you are looking to purchase, extend, renovate, repair, build, let out, rent, or simply to understand the current value of the property.
Having surveyed, valued, and assessed properties of all ages, styles and sizes for many years, you can rely on our extensive knowledge. We are also experts in old, historic and listed buildings and the nuances and sensitivities they come with.
Our independent approach, combined with our familiarity of the Surrey and Sussex region, means you can turn to us for professional, tailored, and supportive advice that completely reflects your property and its locality.
Our services to help you make the most of your property
- Building surveys – including RICS level 3 surveys, historic building surveys and homebuyers surveys (with or without a valuation)
- Snagging lists for new builds
- Cost assessments for reinstating a property (for building insurance purposes)
- Advice for leasehold issues - lease extensions and collective enfranchisement
- Valuations of property (for example, for estate/inheritance tax planning, probate, capital gains tax calculations and divorce settlements)
- Specific defect analysis (such as roofing issues, damp, condensation, cracks and structural movement, cladding issues)
- Periodic maintenance inspections
Supporting you in finding the best outcome
Our personalised surveying and valuation services, as well as our thorough approach, have brought reassurance for our clients for many years. We ensure they fully understand their options with a property, so they can make informed decisions to reach the best outcome for their wishes or requirements.
Lewis Chartered Surveyors is regulated by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). David Lewis is also an RICS Registered Valuer and an RICS Accredited Expert Witness.