Helping You Preserve The Quality And Value Of The Property
If you own or rent out property, Lewis Chartered Surveyors can help you protect the quality, fabric and value of the building by conducting regular inspections of the premises.
We can assess issues such as whether:
- Your tenants are adequately maintaining the property in line with their Lease covenants
- Any health and safety issues that have suddenly arisen, which you need to address
- Any natural events (such as storms, excessive heat or cold) have created problems in the building structure and features
We can also guide you on maintenance schedules and plans for 5-to-10-year programmes to protect the building against natural wear and tear. This helps you and your tenants to budget accordingly for any repairs and alterations.
Supporting for those with property assets to manage
We have a long-track record conducting these regular maintenance inspections for those who have a commercial interest in a property asset and have a duty to manage and protect it. These include:
- Management companies and managing agents overseeing a portfolio of properties for their clients
- Institutional owner investors
How we help
Our assessments and resulting reports help these groups fulfil their legal obligations and take the appropriate steps to maintain and preserve the quality and value of the building.
David Lewis is a Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and an RICS Registered Valuer. We maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the latest standards, property legislation and commercial property environment. We also have many years’ experience spotting common and not so common defects in properties of all ages.
The points we highlight in our reports ensure those responsible for…
- collecting adequate service charges from tenants
- apportioning appropriate sinking funds for refurbishment projects
- accruing large cyclical maintenance items correctly
… have the information they need to make sound business decisions and fulfil obligations to best effect.
Our reports are also used to give information to tenants, insurers, managing agents etc so those concerned have an independent, clear, and professional assessment of the state of elements of the property, and their implications.
We can conduct maintenance inspections on both residential and commercial properties, and at a frequency which suits you. Most of our clients, however, find an annual inspection and report satisfies their requirements and obligations.
Find out more
If you are finding the regular review of your property’s condition a challenge, please contact our specialists about how we can ease the process and enable you to comply with your obligations.